Thursday, April 29, 2010

Equus 3150 Innova : Traded up from Equus 3100 to 3150

Got my 3100 a while back, and it pretty much paid for itself every time I used it. I was able to repair some inexpensive sensors, and not be at the mercy of the auto dealer or independent mechanics (who seem to be as expensive as the dealers anymore). When I started having ABS problems, the 3100 could not read ABS codes. So I sold it to my brother and upgraded to the 3150. He has only foreign cars, so there is no inexpensive code reader (as far as I have been able to figure out) that could read his ABS.

I'm also really happy with the 3150. Reads and clears ABS codes on many GM, Ford, and Chrysler cars. I have a 2002 Chevy and a 1997 Ford, and it will work on both. Be sure to check the list at the manufacturer's web site for your specific vehicle before purchasing. 3150 has already paid for itself also. Dealer wants $99 just to read a code. And if you know what the problem is up front, you can fix yourself, take to the most cost effective repair place, or at least negotiate over the phone before leaving your car for repair. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for DIY's with decent knowledge of automobile mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment